Monday, February 16, 2015

Capsule Wardrobe: Garment 2

The second in my capsule wardrobe for this spring/summer! This one features mid-century kimono sleeves, a construction I've never sewn before!

Pattern Description:
Simplicity 1782
©1956; Junior Misses' and Teen Age Blouse and Overblouse: 4 versions of this pert short sleeve blouse with round neckline, tab trim or small collar. Blouse is "Simple-To-Make" with Simplicity's "Learning to Sew" primer - a special Unit Construction sewing guide.

Fabric Used:
100% cotton

Notions:
zipper

Size Sewn:
36" bust, view 1

Modification Advice/Errors in Pattern:
It was difficult to find any info on this pattern online, so I just had to wing it.

Alterations Done:
Since this pattern is one size too large, I threw caution to the wind and just worked all the seams I could as French seams. View 1 has a pocket on the sleeve, but I omitted this.

Would I Sew Again?:
Maybe. 

My Favourite Things About it:
It's only two pieces (plus 2 facings), so is really quick and simple.

My Least Favourite Things About it:
IF I ever made it again, I'd definitely alter the neckline, and make it fully lined instead of using neck facings. I really don't know why I did them, because I know I don't like them!

No comments: