Friday, July 06, 2012

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: wondrlanding
Blog: wondrlanding
Rav ID: wondrlanding
Some Great Designs: wondrlanding's Rav Designer Page

Ahhh, the knit skirt.
Personally, I think they're a thing of loveliness.
And, if you can get them right, it's a great mark of your ability as a designer.

Judging from the photo here, I think it's clear that this week's designer, wondrlanding, has some great talent!

The skirt, Citta, is designed with a zipper and sewn fabric lining, allowing for the structure to be kept in this long, drapey skirt.

She was kind enough to answer a few questions for me, and I'll just quote her right here:

"About my design inspiration and plans? Well, I studied textile design and architecture, and aspire to merge these two in my designs: like optically transforming the human body by pattern, drape, asymmetry, etc. In my next two designs I will play with layering and texture."

Exciting! I can see this attraction to the structural/architectural.

See her Maura and Appia Hat designs. Both have wonderful line and texture, creating simple beauty in each knit.

I'm really looking forward to her next designs!

No comments: