Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Le Road Trip

Road Trip - on blog

I bought me a cute little orange Pontiac Pursuit this summer;1 I never thought I'd be a car person, but here we are.

Ever since he drove on into my life, I've been itching to get a road trip under my belt.

And lo, this weekend, I did.

Up to Montréal did a friend and I go, and reams of fun were had.

Excellent food was eaten, beautiful artwork was seen, and impressive churches were visited.

Photobucket
Notre-Dame

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Me in Vieux-Montréal.

Photobucket
Possibly my favourite sign. Ever.

Photobucket
Bird ring from Simons, a Québec department store.

We had dinner Sunday night at O.Noir. Very, very cool. Here's a description of the experience:

Already the rage in Europe, Australia, L.A and New York, now O.NOIR - Canada's first-ever restaurant that invites you to experience food, drink and conversation like never before IN THE DARK!
"It's a sensual dining experience like no other"! says O.NOIR General Manager Moe Alameddine. "When you eat without your sight, your remaining senses are heightened to savour the smell and taste of food. Even simple, everyday dishes like potatoes or plain yoghurt take on a culinary flare".

You can choose your dinner and dessert from a menu, but you can also choose to have a surprise dish. I was feeling brave that evening, and opted for the mystery. It ended up being a tasty pasta with smoked salmon. And tiramisu. Yum.

As you may have noticed, I'm distracting you, dear readers, from any knitting content. Rest assured the wheels are turning. It's just an awful lot of secret knitting.

Restez à l'écoute!2

1 Since I'm weird this way, I had to name my car. He's Palfrey. But I also refer to him fondly as the Orange Beast.

2 En Anglais, "stay tuned".

3 comments:

kingshearte said...

That is definitely the best sign ever. Followed closely by one my friend had from somewhere that said: "Beware of pickpockets and loose women."

Julie said...

Palfrey is an excellent car name!! I too have named my car, his name is Rupert. He's purple.

Looks like you had an awesome time in Montreal! Road trips are always so fun, and great for getting in some serious knitting time (unless you are the one driving). I LOVE that bird ring, it's amazing.

Hilary said...

Congratulations on your purchase of Palfrey! I dream of my carless days (of which there were not many, here in car-filled California), but having one really does allow a person some freedom. Your trip to Quebec sounds like SO much fun and a great way to get to know the Orange Beast. And thank you for sharing your photos! It looks like a great time. And OMG I LOVE YOUR RING. It is so you!