Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Happy Synapse

PhotobucketI made a joyous jaunt to my LYS yesterday afternoon.
It was one of those dreary grey days, rainy falling in mists and drizzles.

To clarify: a perfect yarn purchasing day.

I'm a chromaphile, and so I'm sure it's no surprise to ya'll that I have a supercrush on madelinetosh.
And madelinetosh I did purchase - in droves.
It really was something to restrain myself from purchasing every hank, because really, she has such an eye for rich, beautiful colour. The very sort of gem-like tone-on-tone that makes my heart go thumpity-thump.1

Apparently, the human eye can distinguish around 10 million different colours. In this, my love letter to madelinetosh yarn, I do declare that she's a genius with these 10 million options.

So, on to a question:

I purchased, amongst others, one hank of Merino Light in Posy. With 402 metres in fingering weight, I wonder, what would you make?

My preferred pattern parameters include, but are not restricted to: lace, accessory and something non-triangular. (Those lovely three-sided throat warmers are always so gorgeous, but I've come to the sad realization that they're one of those knits I never wear.)

I'm digging the idea of knitting someone else's pattern right now. I've been in designing territory for a few weeks now, and need a bit of a breather.
________
1 It appears I also have a supercrush on the multipurpose punctuational functionality of the dash today.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Oh! I have recommendations!!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/impatience

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bolero-4

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lace-capelet

I could see you in any of the above. And I love that posy colourway, by the way- it's pink without being saccharine.

Hilary said...

YES. Madelinetosh rocks. I couldn't find a pattern during my quick search, but I think some long fingerless mitts would be gorgeous!

Orli said...

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/briochette

This one maybe? It's got an interesting shape, more so than just a scarf, without being a shawl :)

Natalie Servant said...

That's just right for my Strand of Pearls scarf: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/strand-of-pearls

Kathleen Dames said...

Not sure about a pattern but just had to agree on the love of madelinetosh yarns. I have a skein of the same yarn in "Van Dyke" (cream and shades of brown) that I have no idea what to do with but couldn't leave at the LYS.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how to link patterns but Veera (100% rain blog) has just made a cute beanie in this yarn