Friday, July 09, 2010

Friday Night Picnic

Photobucket
I like me my etymological infos, and picnic has a cute one.

That's what me and my ma did last Friday. It was a dual purpose outing.
We had the loveliness of a good wee meal outdoors, as well as a bit of a photo session for my brand new knit, inspired way back over here.

Here you see a sneak peek. I'm diligently working away on it, and hope to have it up before the end of the month.

ps: remember when I said I had had the greatest wee scones ever? It was back here, in this post.
Well, here's the recipe!

Heritage Scone Recipe

4 cups flour
6 tsp. baking powder
1 large pinch of salt
4 tbsp. sugar

Mix together in bowl and cut in:

2/3 cup butter

Combine:

2 cups milk with a pinch of baking soda

Pour milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir to mix well. Drop by tablespoon on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.

Cool scones on wire rack.

3 comments:

Julie said...

ooh, scones!! I still swear by your cinnamon roll recipe, so I'll have to give this a try. That blue bit of pretty is very intriguing!!

Hilary said...

Mmm...thanks so much for the scone recipe and the etymological info on picnic (so interesting!). I REALLY can't wait to see more of your new blue knit now. Please do not leave us in suspense for too long!

Ellen said...

Thanks for the scone recipe, I might have to try it out this weekend. :) I'm so exited to see the rest of this knit, it looks beautiful so far!