Friday, May 08, 2015

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Terri Kruse
Blog: Through the Back Loops
Rav ID: ninja8tofu
Some Great Designs: ninja8tofu's Rav Designer Page

Fun knits from this week's designer! Terri has a catalogue of over 70 patterns ranging from items for wee kids to garments and accessories for the grown ups.
Since she has such a great portfolio, I'm going to limit myself to talking about a trend I see in her work: stripes.

As you know, I very rarely feature patterns for kids (especially as the main photo) but I think you'll agree that the Teddy Sweater is a fantastic exception. The bear face is actually the front pocket!?! What!? So cute and clever. And yet again, something that's meant for kids but has me thinking I need one for my grown ass self.

Here's the stripey Color-Block Scarf. Ah scarves. Poor scarves. Get such little love. I wanna do my part and raise the profile. This one looks like it's fun to knit, lets you play with colour a bit, and has the added bonus of being unisex.

Iker is a fun, dramatic-looking shawl/scarf with short row wedges. The pattern makes for an accessory with generous length, and like many shawl/scarves, it'd be pretty easy to make it wider or narrower. It looks like a great wrap-around piece.

Finally I'll mention A Little Fluo. Mostly because of the stripe theme, but also because NEON. It features stripes in opposing directions, and shows you a fantastic way to incorporate some powerful colours into your wardrobe.

Like I said, she's got a lot of patterns for sale so head on over to her designer page on Ravelry to see more!

1 comment:

kingshearte said...

That bear sweater may be among the greatest things I've ever seen.