Friday, May 22, 2015

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Janina Kallio
Blog: Studio Kallio
Rav ID: JaninaKallio
Some Great Designs: JaninaKallio's Rav Designer Page

On her designer page, Janina's bio says,
I design patterns for knitters who love simple knitting with gorgeous results.

And that says it best! Here's a run down of three of my favourite pieces from this talented designer.

Gravitate (pictured) is a slightly asymmetrical shawl that uses dropped stitches instead of lace for a sense of airiness. I think what I love best about this piece is her creative styling. Now that's a shawl I can totally see myself wearing!

Possibly because I currently have a bit of a fringe fixation, I've included Flirty on this list. A shawl with a basic triangular shape and bottom point up constructions, this piece is worked with alternating stripes of fishnet lace and garter stitch. A great one-skein project for that fingering weight you might have kicking around.

And Asterism shows another thing I think this designer is great at: texture. This is just garter and eyelets, by holy cow, this is pretty garter and eyelets!

These are just a few of the fantastic designs she has available. Check out her designer page on rav for more!

No comments: