Friday, November 28, 2014

Indie Designer Revisit

Designer: Karen Clements
Blog: Knit 1 LA
Rav ID: kclem
Some Great Designs: kclem's Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: February 19, 2010

I can't believe it's coming up on five years since I first profiled this designer.
She has been incredibly busy, independently publishing work that continues to embody her aesthetic of chic, fun, simple-and-fashionable designs.

I'll point out just three of the MANY that are awesome.

The Swing Coat: This one's pictured up there. I think it's a great example of  her style. And hey, if you're like me, and are attracted to giant, 0.75 sts/1" gauge yarn, then I'd have to point you in this direction for a fantastic idea for a finished garment. I love its structure, texture, and the speed with which I imagine you could make this coat. Drooly.

A Simple Tank: That it is, but with a twist. Check out the weight of that yarn! It's so texturally attractive. One of the best parts is that this is suitable for advance beginners. Something that you could whip up fairly quick, something that is certainly chic, and something that, depending on fibre content, you could adjust for time of year (for all readers in the southern hemisphere, this might be a timely suggestion!).

The Crochet Brioche Sweater: Holy cow, this is beautiful. The shape of it is fantastic, the technique sounds very interesting, and the high number of FOs on Ravelry all look great. Check them out!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Love love love the swing coat! :)

Knit 1 LA said...

Thanks for your kind words Teresa! I can't believe it's been 5 years either, wow!!!