Thursday, April 24, 2014

Finally an FO: Plum Rondo

This was an addictive knit.
Though I set some obstacles in my own way from the get-go, I'm pleased with how my Plum Rondo turned out. And quickly, too!

  1. I didn't have the right yarn weight, so had to alter the gauge math. It worked out fine!
  2. And using that incorrectly-gauged yarn came with a less-that-ideal pairing of the four colours necessary to create the pullover. Unfortunately, one of the secondary colours wasn't distinctive enough from the others to create the pop needed for some of the lovely, delicate yoke colourwork.
  3. Stubbornly using that yarn with the wrong gauge and incorrect colour contrasts also led me to run out of the main colour only inches before finishing! Sad! I had to extend the background yoke colour up a couple inches, sacrificing the look of the colourwork, but allowing me to complete the knit with enough main colour for the neck ribbing.
  4. I'm glad I persisted with the yarn because ooooh man. Softness. So deliciously soft. Mmmm....

I'm still scoobied as to why there aren't more of these as FOs on ravelry. As of the publication of this post, there's only thirteen.
What I'm saying is, this is a free, well-written, fantastic-pants pattern! Knit one for yourself!

1 comment:

Meredith MC said...

Pashmina is the Madtosh yarn I've been coveting but haven't yet tried. I have a smallish stash of various Merino light colors that I've been using for colorwork and stripe projects- and I thoroughly enjoyed the madtosh vintage I knitted a sweater from. So yes, Pashmina, you are on my must-knit list