Friday, March 07, 2014

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Julie Zaichuk-Ryan
Blog: Button, button...
Rav ID: gotthebutton
Some Great Designs: gotthebutton's Rav Designer Page

This knitter (and embroiderer!) is talented! Her design milieu stretches from cables and texture to colourwork and cowls!

Pictured is my favourite, Besotted. She says it best when she describes it as, "at once modern and traditional and perfect for whatever color combination you like best this year!" I love it in the colours pictured, but can you imagine it in a progression of ombre colours? (I'm not letting ombre go just yet. The more colours we can stick together the better, I say!)

For similar reasons, I'm also big on Hush and Classic Colorwork Cowl (it has hearts AND deer!).

Finally, I'm going to point out her beautifully bobbled Haworth, a textural delight of a water bottle cozy. I can't wait to see what gotthebutton designs next! I really love her ability to walk the line between classic and fun contemporary. Exciting!

No comments: