Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sugary Learnins'; Or, Cupcake Decorated Part Four

PhotobucketOh my my...

Well, as you'll notice, there's only one, really rather sad, cupcake photo to represent my fourth class at the community centre.

This past week was something of a... wash...
The ellipses will be used with impunity in this post, because I generally hesitate to complain or speak negatively about people.

Suffice it to say, our cupcake class instructor is an (apparently hard-working) college student (likely about 18 years old). She's a busy gal, I'm sure. And I suspect that teaching five grown women how to decorate cupcakes is likely at the bottom of her list of Very Important Things to do in a week.

That's ok; I get a great deal for my (very small) financial input. But I feel the need to explain this sad little cupcake...

It's supposed to be a flower. I think that might have been made more clear if the icing was yellow. The green jujube and red smartie are, of course, wee leaves and a ladybug.

Something interesting I did take from this class? Rolling out jujubes, cutting them up, and then forming them in to various shapes is pretty fun!

And, I got an extra oreo to eat at the end of class. Mmmmm... oreo...

Here's to hoping week five is a smashbangPOW awesome-o funtime success.

No comments: