Friday, March 04, 2011

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Sarah Horn
Blog: Adventures in Knitting
Rav ID: sampras
Some Great Designs: sampras' Rav Designer Page

Sampras, this week's designer, is one of the wonderful and talented people with whom I knit1.

And when she designed the Bowser Backpack, inspired by that fantastic Nintendo character, I knew it would be supercool, awesome and adorable (though, the appearance of her bunny Sampras in the photo makes it even more adorable!)

I like very many things about this piece, but I think her creative use of shaping and texture take the cake! Check out the pattern page on Rav to see images of the other side of the shell. Ridges of ribbing replicate a turtle tummy terrifically.

I'm looking forward to seeing more designs!
____________
1Ok, so I tried to avoid ending my sentence with a preposition. Doesn't it sound awkward? Hmmm... English, you crazy, crazy language!

1 comment:

Julie said...

that is so neat!! reminds me of super mario. And how adorable is that bunny?!