Saturday, March 19, 2011

If You Can Turn Your Mind To Summer; Or, Test Knit, Beach Bailado

Photobucket
Pattern: Beach Bailado
Yarn: approximately 350 metres of Butterfly mercerized cotton
Needles: 5mm circs
Gauge: 4 sts/1" in mesh lace pattern
Size: pictured in S/M, but also sized in M/L

This pattern is destined for the Summer edition of Little Seasonals.
Photobucket
The first of two patterns I'm designing for the publication, Beach Bailado is a bikini wrap with simple mesh lace and a subtle ruffled shaped (I based it on my ballet wrap, which is also part of the reason it's named Beach Bailado).

It's a pretty basic knit, which would likely not take you very much time at all (it took me about 2 weeks, but I will admit that I was working on a few things at once!)

If you are interested in test knitting this piece, here are some more details:

-due date: April 30
-you can use any yarn you wish, as long as you can get gauge
-send along your name, Rav ID, email address and size you're interested in knitting (you can reply to this post, Rav message me, or send me an email at canarysanctuary at yahoo dot com)
-I don't mind if you wish to post your progress on your blog or Rav. If you do post, I'd appreciate a link :)
-unfortunately, I can't provide yarn support. But, you will get first crack at this pattern, as well as a cleaned-up and edited final version of the pattern upon publication.

Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so up for test knitting this! It looks so cute now that it's done! And I need one to go with my new bikini, I think. :D

Carol said...

that's a very cute knit.

ekittie said...

Oo, yes please! I'd love to test knit for you again. :D

kingshearte said...

I was thinking it looked like a ballet wrap skirt. :) I'm tempted, but I don't know if I'm up for committing to a deadline. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for the final pattern, though!

Hilary said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is that?!?!