Monday, March 14, 2011

Family Tree; Or, I Play with Fabricy Silhouettes

PhotobucketI thought I'd share a current project with you today, though it be not knitting!

Ages ago, I got some fun fusible sheets from my LQS (that's Local Quilting Shop!). My intention was to make some sort of pretty wall-hanging, and that's what I have the beginnings of in this photograph.

Here you see my family, parents and my two siblings. The fusible sheets worked wonderfully, and I think I'm addicted! I need to run back there and get loads more.

I will be making at least one more family-silhouette-tree, but I think the next version will have a much stronger colour palette.

I've never quilted an applique; I'm a little concerned that my skills aren't up to the task. I do have plenty of time though. The plan is to have a wee lap quilt ready for a Mother's Day gift.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Julie said...

that looks fantastic!! and it's all yellow like your feathered friends. Such a great idea.