Friday, October 29, 2010

Indie Designer Day

PhotobucketDesigner: Thea Eschliman
Blog: Lick the Light Switch
Rav ID: wonderfallz
Some Great Designs: wonderfallz's Rav Designer Page

I'm so in the mood for Halloween. Without a doubt, my favourite holiday of the year.
And, while I have funstuff to share in regards to my very own Happy Halloween Haberdashery Handicrafts, I thought it might be cool to kick off this best of weekends with a spookily-themed project!

See wonderfallz's Hocus Pocus Trick-or-Treat Bag. Her Hocus Pocus eBook contains not only this nifty, topical, and very useful item, it also contains the matching Hocus Pocus Cowl.

A recent publication of the Sanguine Gryphon saw wonderfallz's pretty Gotham Skies socks released. This cool knit is part of the SG's Steampunk Fall Pattern collection.

Then there's her adorably pom-pomed Pollen and Bubbles toque. I love comparing her colourwork on this piece to her Industrial Skies cowl. Both are fantastic, demonstrating a good understanding of texture, space, colour and repetition, but in such fundamentally different ways!

The Hera Mountain Ridge Shawl is an attractive knit, perfect for that lovely hank (or two... three?) of yarn that needs to be shown off.

Finally, I'll direct you to her Strands, yet another lovely example of wonderfallz's skill with texture, rhythm and colourwork.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

That's adorable!! The colorwork looks like tons of fun, too. I can't wait to see your Halloweeny crafts!

LittleCanoe said...

I love the owl on that tricks bag! What lovely colorwork. Such talent!

Meredith C. said...

Thanks so much for doing the Indie designer profiles. The work of this designer really speaks to me, especially as I just started to learn color stranding. Thank you!

spencer said...

Love that Industrial skies cowl. Thanks again for your Friday features!