Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Great Nothern KAL: From Another Place Complete

Hooray! I've completed my own knit of Leah Coccari-Swift's From Another Place Crop Top.


This is one of the sweaters you can currently download, and will be available in the final print and digital copy of Great Northern.

For my own From Another Place top, I substituted a lighter weight yarn which meant I had some gauge math to do!

After I figured out the basic measurements I needed and mu own gauge, I matched those up with the closest size in the pattern that would give me those numbers.
That ended up being 4 sizes larger than I would have knit!

The yarn I used was Anzula's Dreamy, a lovely soft blend of yarn (and some stash diving success! This was some remnants from my Drift's Ridge sweater!)

I ran out of the contrasting colour near the very bottom, and so the ribbing there is about 1" shorter than written in the pattern. Which works out ok for me, since I'm shorter than the average bear, and my backwaist length is more like 15" than 16" (which is the standard for sizing).
Fun Fact: I'm standing in front of Liuna Station in Hamilton. This is the train station they blow up in the first X-Men movie.

1 comment:

Meredith MC said...

That's adorable.