Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hatching Plans and Seeing Spring

I love winter. I really do. But let me tell you, this year's is really testing my patience. Even I am getting a bit stir crazy, day dreaming about seed-planting and shoe-wearing and maybe even possibly not walking like a penguin anymore.

Last night I made an excursion to my local giant thrift store. I have a 90s theme party coming up this weekend and had to stock up on ridiculous 90s things (like Goosebumps books and Boyz II Men cassette tapes and Dance Mix 97 cds, obvy).
And whenever I find myself at the thrift store, I have to swing past the sewing section. I sometimes can't believe the things I find there, in my size, still neatly folded in their vintage packages, untouched and entirely uncut from decades gone by.

This time, I found this gem.


I'm digging this fabric for it, though I'm not sure on my yardage and will have to unfurl and pin all the pieces down to find my answer first.

I can't can't wait to get going on this project.
Has the spring bug bitten you, too? Do you have any projects of any sort that are helping you through the last bits of this insalubrious winter?

1 comment:

Elena Knits said...

That's a nice pattern! I'd love to see what you make with it. Show us!