Friday, November 01, 2013

Indie Designer Day

Designer: Sharon Slarke
Blog: knits the journey
Rav ID: WakefulKnits
Some Great Designs: WakefulKnits' Rav Designer Page

This week's designer first caught my eye with Virgo Vest (pictured). Not only because of the whole "ooo! I'm a virgo! Does that mean I'll love this?!" thing, but also because, yeah, I really do like that vest! I really dig the texture, which she carries forward into her other work. That and a great sense of fun!

Her Hayley Ear Flap Hat shows off this fun and texture. Chunky knit with pom poms and ear flaps! Yes please!

She can also do solid, sturdy, beautifully classic work too. Check out the Bea Fair Isle Pullover. She has the fun in the punny name, and the gorgeousness that is a well-executed fair isle knit.

And a little bit about her:
Stitch ‘n Bitch Nation inspired me to design. Being an analytical thinker and persistent with problem solving (where knitting is concerned, anyway) means that I keep pushing on. A lot of design seemed fairly logical to me. Shirley Paden’s Knitwear Design Workshop revealed a lot of mysteries with step by step instructions.
Do you have Stitch n' Bitch Nation? How about Shirley Paden's Knitwear Design Workshop? They're both great books.

Go check out more of her work on her rav designer page!

No comments: