Friday, December 03, 2010

Hear Ye, Hear Ye; Testing Ops Ahead!

Photobucket
So here's one of the number of fun items I've been cooking up as of late.
I'm calling it Frühling Wing.
Interested in testing? Here's the deets:

Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Sock Yarn 4 (4, 4, 5) balls
Needles: 2 mm and 2.75 mm
Gauge: 7 sts = 1" and 8 rows = 1" on 2.75 mm needles in stockinette
Sizes: XS/S (M/L, XL/XXL, 3XL/4XL)
Special Skills: provisional cast on, grafting stitches, cables, turning hems
Photobucket

What will happen is I'll send you a pdf of the pattern. Unfortunately, I can't offer yarn support, but the KnitPicks yarn is a very reasonable price.
The timeline for this knit is fairly reasonable, too! It's not due back until January 15.

Just email me at canarysanctuary at yahoo dot com. Let me know:
1) what size you're interested in knitting
2) an email address where I can send the pdf to you
3) your Rav ID (if applicable!)

What do you get in return?
Well, you get first crack at this pattern, which will be offered for sale upon publication. You'll get the finished, cleaned up and pre-tested pattern sent to you upon publication, as well.

Thanks all!

6 comments:

love2stitch said...

Would love to test for you - one question is it mandatory to use KnitPicks Stroll (previously known as essential) or can one subsititute with another yarn that gives same yardage?

Domi said...

is very beautifull

Teresa said...

Hi all!
Thanks love2stitch, I hadn't realized my chosen yarn was discontinued!
I believe Knit Picks Stroll will give you the same gauge as Essential (I believe it's the same yarn, just re-named).
I'll double check the yardage info and post the change on the original post. If you're interested in testing, please email me and let me know!
Thanks :)

Dyeforsocks1965 said...

Very pretty! You are one multi-talented girl!

Anonymous said...

I can't offer to test knit but I love it.

Hilary said...

I've been out of town forever so am way behind on the commenting...I've been reading, though! This is a stunning design. I love the whimsy you add to classic shapes. Those wings on the back are SO COOL!