Friday, July 31, 2015

Indie Designer Revisit

 Designer: Ágnes Kutas-Keresztes
Blog: Agnes Kutas Knitwear Design
Rav ID: AgnesKutas
Some Great Designs: AgnesKutas' Rav Designer Page
Original Indie Designer Post: September 23, 2011

Four years have passed since I first profiled Ágnes, and she's still creating pretty, textural knits. She's been self publishing, and has had her worked featured in great places like Interweave Knits, Knitscene, and Knitty. I'm just going to highlight three for you here.

There's a lot of shawls out there, but most of the ones I see are light and lacy. I like it when I encounter a Serious shawl, one that I can wear almost like a cape, to keep me warm when the temperatures drop. Ágnes' Oversized Crescent Shawl is one of them. It's thick. It's got great texture. And it's inspired by old stone castles. Yes.

I'm also keen on Cinnamon (pictured). This cardigan is seamless, bottom-up, and has more of that eye-catching texture that's well placed across the entire piece.

And finally, want to talk about great texture? Check out her Neyera Cowl. The gull-stitch texture running along the outer edges gives a fantastic depth, creating shadows between the ridges. A generously sized cowl, Neyera can be looped around your neck twice (and I even wonder if it could be worn as a wee poncho? A ponch-ette??)

FYI: she has a Lacy Summer Sale going on until TODAY. So hurry on over to her Ravelry store to grab the deals!

No comments: