Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Knitting Goals: Play that Meme!

Photobucket
What with Springtime and all that renewal stuff thoroughly underway, it's got me to thinking about my knitting.
All of it.

All those sad little UFOs nefariously tucked out of sight, all the designs-to-knit, all those bookmarks jammed into various copies of Vogue and IK...

And especially all those things I don't know, haven't tried. All those holes in my knitting knowledge and experience.

Being the list-making nutter that I am, the first thing that occurred to me was "check the interwebs!" I knew there was a meme out there.

So I made me a list of (some of the) things I've done, and (some of the) things I'd like to do.

(I've marked with bold the things I've done).

How about you? I must admit it feels good to see (certain sections!) all bold.

Techniques

Garter, Stockinette, Drop Stitch, Twisted Stitch, Slip Stitch/Smocking
Moebius Band, I-cord, Buttonholes
Graffiti Knitting
Continental Style, English Style, Portuguese Style
Lace, Entrelac, Intarsia, Fair Isle, Bobbles, Cables, Steeks, Short Rows
Darning, Felting, Knitting with Beads, Swatching
Long Tail CO, Tubular CO, Backwards Loops CO, Provisional CO
Knitting and Purling Backwards, Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
Magic Loop
Thrummed knitting

Fibres

banana, bamboo, cotton, linen, milk, soy
alpaca, buffalo, camel, cashmere, silk, wool
synthetic

Projects

Afghan
Shawl, Scarf, Hat, Mittens: Cuff-up, Mittens: Tip-down, Fingerless mitts, Armwarmers
Socks: top-down, Socks: toe-up, Slippers
Sweater, Cardigan, Shrug/bolero/poncho
Toy/doll clothing, Baby items, Stuffed toys
Knitting items for a wedding
Holiday related knitting
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)
Purses/bags
Knitting a gift, Knitting for pets

Designing

Sweaters, Mitts, Socks, Scarf, Dress, Skirt, Poncho, Hat,
Publishing a Knitting Book

Other

Participating in a KAL
Charity Knitting, Knitting in public
Dying, Spinning
Teaching a male how to knit, Teaching a child to knit

No comments: