Saturday, June 07, 2008

Smooooshy

Here's something stunning: I've put aside the two WIPs I should be dealing with because I made a trip to the LYS and bought a load more yarn.

And here it be:
Photobucket
Yarn: Dream In Color, Classy

It's becoming a hoodie, and the attraction to this knit is the incredible speed at which it's being completed. I'll probably stall when I get to the "hard part" (aka the part where I stomp and whine and turn into a brat who doesn't want to have to do two of the 'zact same sleeves!)

As some of you may know from a previous post, I don't usually "do" pink. But I'm very happy with how the colours are blending and how smooooshy this yarn is knitting up! It was between this colourway (named Petal Shower) and another, more red/purple one (called "In Vino Veritas").

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh, I cannot WAIT to see more of this! Is it the hoodie in the sketch from yesterday's post? I myself just bought some Dream In Color Smooshy in the same colorway and sometimes I like to take it out and just stare at it. It's pink without being TOO pink, which is why it works so well, I think.

soknitpicky said...

Sometimes inspiration strikes and you just *have* to obey the muse. Can't wait to see more!

Kai said...

It looks gorgeous! I so need to get myself some of this yarn. Loving the colour too.

Team Knit said...

I'm loving that mini cabled-lattice edging.... and I agree with hilary about it being pink without being TOO pink- looks great!

- Julie

Susan said...

Looking beautiful so far! Can't wait to see the progress.

juicyknits said...

You've chosen a nice cable pattern! I like that!