Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lustful Silk Corset Finally Finished!

After an unfortunate false start, here is my version of the Anne Modesitt Silk Corset:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Back view (in which I beg the viewer to disregard the mathematical error I made on both the first, frogged go around, and the second completed version, wherein I somehow ended up with about 20 stitches less than was required after the bust decreases:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Slightly better view of entire corset front:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me playing the slightly blurry model:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Close-up of cute little flop from the top point:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pattern: Anne Modesitt's Silk Corset

Yarn: I used the ArtYarns Regal Silk called for in the pattern, but much less (I think it was only about 2.25 hanks of it)

Mods: I didn't change colour at the bottom of the corset as shown in the pattern.
I made it a tad small, and blocked it farther than I've blocked before. (I know silk will stretch, so making it a bit smaller was the plan anyhow).
I used some silk ribbon to tie up the front instead of buttons. All I did for that mod was make button holes on the other side of the button edge, to match the ones called for in the pattern.

ps: on the blocking - I just spray-blocked it, and I'm so glad I did. It only took about an hour to dry, even in the incredible humidity of a Southern Ontario June!

I loved making this so much, I'm making another! (you may or may not have been able to read my oh-so-subtle joy on completion of this here garment by the massive number of photos above). The yarn has already been ordered, and is waiting for me at the post office! I can't wait! (I know there are far too many exclamation marks in this paragraph, but it's just that damn exciting. I must convey it. If you've a better way, let me know. I'm always hip to the improvement of grammar and stuff).

Wish me luck :)

8 comments:

DropKickGrl said...

OH! So this is what you've been up to! It looks beautiful, and you match Butters. Good job!

Teresa said...

Thanks! I wish I was as cute as Butters :)

Mom IsAmagpie said...

That is beautiful. It's so flattering, I always wished I could wear yellow, it looks great on you. I'm just, wow.

Teresa said...

Thanks so much! I think I have the next round's yarn awaiting me at the post office. I've got to pick it up tonight after work. I'm almost drooling on my keyboard! I can't remember when I was so in love with a pattern, and the finished product was actually almost as good as I wished it could be.

Carol said...

Oooh! it's soooo pretty. I like the ribbon mod you did. After all, it is a corset, right? And the ribbon just makes it look coset-y. Fabulous work!

Kamika said...

This turned out gorgeous! I like the mods you made. If I make this, I might make your version. The white silk ribbon against the "canary" yellow is lovely. Great overall color choices and great job!

loveknitting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
waistcincherhq.com said...

I love it..great work.