Friday, February 16, 2007

Cloud Bolero in Old Sage

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this colour and yarn.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Specs:

Pattern: Cloud Bolero by Ysolda
Yarn: about 1.5 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky
Time to complete: 1 day
Ribbon: left over from Eiffel

I love these little bolero capelets, so when I saw this Cloud bolero pattern I thought I had to have it. Unfortunately, something went awry in my reading of the pattern, because I was left with an incorrect number of stitches and a slightly off-kilter right side. I can live with it.

I need to find another bolero like this (or the Anthropologie one) to make, and in this colour! I absolutely love the yarn - very soft and fluffy. And it was highly pleasing to be able to just pull at the bit of yarn ever-so-nicely tucked under the label and get a perfect centre pull experience.

Any suggestions for other boleros?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh pretty. Good choice in yarn *wink wink...

For another, how about Otis, the ballet wrap?
www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTotis.html

Anonymous said...

that looks really nice!

Teresa said...

Thanks! I'll check that one out.

Kamika said...

I have to agree. The color of that yarn is nice! I especially like that you were able to work it up in a day thanks to the bulky Lamb's Pride. This is chic enough for work.